Lost and Found

True Love. I always thought it was u know the usual, Romeo and Juliet, Hazel and Augustus, Fred and Wilma, u get it. But recently something made me think otherwise. On 29th October, 1:27pm, my grandfather (maternal) passed away.  

When someone dies, people say things that sound so profound but you know it's just something everyone says but no one really thinks that. If I should be blunt, then hearing that "oh he's in a happier place" or "this is not the end, it's the beginning" doesn't make anything easier. So I won't say any of that but one thing I know without a doubt is that he was a great grandpa and I cherish the fact that he was a part of my life for 13 years. I'll miss him but that's okay. 

You know a lotta people are scared of losing someone they love. I didn't consider myself one of those people. But the question is when someone dies, do you truly lose them? When you love someone for years and one day they're gone, you lose them? Years of memories don't wipe out in just a moment. I do not believe that someone dying equals losing them. You don't stop loving them, you are connected to them, and there will always be a part of them with you... True love is a fire of emotions, of smiles and tears, of joy and laughter, of fights and hugs. I lost someone I loved but in my heart, that fire will live on...

Everyone is worried, if only they knew that he is safe and happy now, that he is actually in a better place. No matter whatever they say, people would be comforted by the fact of knowing that he is okay now. But then we won't need faith. Knowing will give us what we desire but faith is what we require. With every little step we take in life, every decision, every action, every assumption - it's all based on faith. So the fact that you believe in god or not doesn't matter here, it's about having faith that all is well. Whatever it is, I have faith, that whatever place, good or bad will brighten up as my grandpa steps in there. 

So true love huh? I still don't know. Really? You thought by the end of this blog I'll give the oxford textbook definition? Nope. But I know that it is to care for someone, to want to see them happy, to have faith in them, to miss them, and most of all, to let go. Love is something one can only feel not say.
 I don't think love can be defined. 


" When you lose someone you love, you gain an angel you know"

Comments

  1. Beautiful ❤️ love you 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... so beautifully expressed . I am so proud of you my Princess. 😘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts